Tuesday 11 August 2020

Red Long Statement Necklace Commission | Polymer Clay at Lottie Of London

 

Colour mixing red polymer clay beads | Commissions at Lottie Of London
Colour mixing red polymer clay beads | Commissions at Lottie Of London
Blog post taken from Lottie Of London Jewellery Blog 06/10/2017

I love to colour mix at Lottie Of London Jewellery and my recent commission request was no exception.

I was asked to create my popular long statement necklace with red hues to coordinate with a clients coat.

When mixing primary colours such as green and blue you can shift the colour to lighter or darker resulting in a pale blue or navy blue for example. Working with red is a little different although adding black will darken a red into burgundy, adding white will quickly start to turn the colour pink and yellow will shift the red into a coral hue before becoming orange.

So it was decided to stick with the obvious bold red and shift into burgundy.

So after some colour mixing and testing I created a selection of seven red hues for my client to make her final selection, as seen below.

Once the final colours had been decided I set about creating the necklace and matching drop earrings.

Commissions at Lottie Of London Jewellery
Commissions at Lottie Of London Jewellery


You might also be interested in 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you