Wednesday 18 November 2009

Pinched Petal Necklace - Polymer Clay Color Inspirations

Pinched petal necklace polymer clay colour inspirations book project
Pinched petal necklace polymer clay colour inspirations book project

Here is my 2nd completed project from the Polymer Clay Color Inspirations Book by Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio.

I decided to create the necklace to go with a simple aqua dress I purchased at the beginning of the year and haven't had a chance to wear yet (as seen in the background).

I used my colour scales of Yellow and Blue matching 1/16 of the blue side as the closest colour to the necklace. I then created a three colour skinner blend using the matched colour for the middle and using white on either side and a touch of turquoise fimo soft at the edges.

For the centre I wanted something striking so I created a two skinner blend using my primaries of Cherry Red and Sunflower Yellow. I aslo decided to create three centres rather than the one shown in the project, alternating the shades of the centre.

I am really pleased with the results and it look great on, now I just need somewhere to wear it.

More from Polymer Clay Color Inspirations Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you