Firstly my necklace to go with my new Irregular Choice Shoes here it is
I was thinking of making some floral beads with some polymer millefiori canes but I decided to go with keeping it simple in the end.
Another catch up was on the tutorial I had tried by River Valley Design, here are the sanded, buffed and polished finial pieces.
Well I still don't like the pieces and they will have to go into my bin of rejects, the reason I don't like it though is not because I have the wrong type of texture mould but because I don't like the colours from the alcohol inks. The Blue/Yellow (the first pendant) is probably the better of the three, I'm afraid this may fall into my failed alcohol inks pile, I think I went over the top with the inks and used every colour I had, a lesson to be learnt.
But I now finally have some new texture plates by Walnut Hollow which seem more suited to the tutorial and I will putting to the test very soon.
Finally I have been teaching my daughter Amelie (age 8) a few clay techniques and here is what she has made
Her millefiroi cane is still sitting in the fridge waiting to be used on some beads :)