Tuesday 10 May 2011

Thursdays are now Clay days

As I haven't been able to clay much recently I have now decided to dedicate Thursdays solely to claying.  So Thursday I finally got around to trying out my new Rocky Path tutorial purchased from River Valley Design.

Now I have to say firstly I do not have a stamp like the one suggested for the tutorial so I tried using the one I thought would be best.  Here are my cooked pieces






They are as yet to be sanded, buffed and varnished, Its hard to compare to be fair as I mentioned I did not have a stamp similar to that used in the tutorial, mine was a bit more busy.  It is a wonderful tutorial with a great technique worth learning and I would defiantly recommend it.  I will post the finished pieces once they are ready.
 
Some more bits I got to clay on Thursday are here
 

 
Spring Floral Birds



Here are my spring floral birds I have a lot of canes which need using up and I plan to make many birds in many colours, some will be used for some charm bracelets I hope to make and some will be available for sale with my other collections at The Beady Shop.


Newest makes
Here are some more of my owls following on from my brown owls I thought some brighter owls would look good.  Also a new idea I have been playing with is my tree pendant, initially I wasn't sure how I wanted this one to turn out but after playing around I am happy with the results and it has sparked some new ideas and variations I would like to try.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely owls, good idea setting aside Thu for clay work. I tend to lose focus a bit as well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you