Friday 3 June 2016

Polymer Clay Water Cane



UPDATE 05/10/2017 CraftArtEdu has unfortunately now closed, if you would like more information on this cane here is Claire Wallis Facebook Page.

Earlier this week I took some time out to make this Water Cane, I purchased the tutorial for this cane from CraftArtEdu designed by Claire Wallis.

Its a fairly simple tutorial for those that have experience in caning involving skinner blends.


Polymer clay water cane in the making
Polymer clay water cane in the making


You get two tutorials for the price, the water cane and another thunderbolt cane which I have yet to try.


Water cane & thunderbolt cane tutorial by Claire Wallis On CraftArtEdu
Water cane & thunderbolt cane tutorial by Claire Wallis On CraftArtEdu



Here's what I made with my finished cane, I did have to stretch the cane a little when applying them to my pendants but I'm delighted with the effect.

My polymer clay pendants using the water cane tutorial
My polymer clay pendants using the water cane tutorial



I think this cane could look great in an array of colours I'm thinking maybe red next time.

You can see more of my claying with CraftArtEdu's tutorials here


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you