Sunday 5 June 2016

A Fleeting Visit To Venice, Italy


Now everyone says how romantic and wonderful Venice is but I have to admit it certainly was'nt on my top ten list of places to visit.

So as we were off to Bardolino in Lake Garda Italy for a weeks break we decided to fly into Venice for a fleeting visit and see if its all its cracked up to be.

The Canals of Venice, Italy
The Canals of Venice, Italy


The stunning buildings lining the canals of Venice, Italy
The stunning buildings lining the canals of Venice, Italy

So on landing we headed straight for Venice as we only had a few hours to check it out (well I did say it was a fleeting visit).

On first getting there we walked and walked until we finally worked out it was far easier to use the river buses, yes we are total Noobs!

The colourful houses of Venice, Italy
The colourful houses of Venice, Italy

Views from the river bus of Venice, Italy
Views from the river bus of Venice, Italy

As you can see from just a few of my snaps taken Venice is a beautiful place and I have to say it has certainly captured my heart, it was such a shame that we only had a few hours to dash around and get as many sights in as we could.

It is packed with tourists but we are certainly adding it to our ever growing list of weekend breaks for another future visit.

St Mark's Square, Venice Italy
St Mark's Square, Venice Italy
Our fleeting visit to Venice, Italy
Our fleeting visit to Venice, Italy





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you