Tuesday 8 September 2009

Microfine Glitter

Microfine glitter on polymer clay beads
So my Micro Fine Glitter and Alcohol Inks (from EJR Beads) arrived Friday just gone and I didn't get much time initially to play with them but here's a photo of my testing of the first colours. The smaller beads I have coated in each colour the larger bead I attempted to do some sort of pattern on them very unsuccessfully. The mistake i made on these first trial beads was to just coat them and cook them but I now know that to achieve the best colour from the Glitter you need to rub it in.
You can also see from these beads that the base colour of the clay you are using does have some effect on the resulting colour as the bead that looks pink is in fact covered with a copper type micro fine glitter but the clay underneath was pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you