Sunday 11 August 2013

Polymer Clay and Swarovski Crystals

Its time for me to start thinking ahead to creating new items for Autumn/Winter for me this is quite early as I'm always slow on the uptake, though I suspect many other crafter's started quite a while back.

I've been jotting down a few ideas as they pop into my head and one particular idea sprung to mind, for me Autumn but particularly Winter is always about the glitz and party's so with this in mind I decided to order some Swarovski Hot Fix Crystals to experiment with my polymer clay.

I ordered just two types of samples some hot fix Swarovski Crystal and some gold toned Swarovski Pearls with Autumn in mind from Beads Direct on Thursday and was delighted when they arrived Saturday morning and I couldn't wait to get started.

So heres my experiments with the Swarovski Crystals and Pearls, now despite them being hot fix crystals I pushed them into the clay in the desired pattern and cooked them as they were to see how well they attached, needless to say not strong enough for a wearable item of costume jewellery so I decided to very carefully super glue each crystal on which worked perfectly.

Swarovski Crystal & Pearl hot fix with polymer clay by Lottie Of London
Swarovski Crystal & Pearl hot fix with polymer clay by Lottie Of London
Above are some simple earrings and rings using the gold toned pearls in more Autumn tones.

Swarovski Crystal & Pearl hot fix with polymer clay by Lottie Of London
Swarovski Crystal & Pearl hot fix with polymer clay by Lottie Of London
And some samples for Winter especially the ring which is very glitzy.

I'm really pleased with how well they worked and I can't wait to order some more dazzling colours to experiment with, they've also sparked some new ideas for Summer next year.

This post is part of Handmade Monday, why not pop on over to Handmade Monday and check out more great crafter's over on Handmade Harbours Handmade Monday


8 comments:

  1. These are lovely and what a great way to add some sparkle to a winters day or night these pieces of sparkly jewellery will be.
    I really like the nude coloured jewellery and the pearls and crystals that you have added to the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh they look so pretty! I love the black ring with the crystals, gorgeous! Simmi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only just getting my thoughts around to autumn/winter too, glad I'm not the only one that needs to see a bit of summer before I start!
    Sounds a bit fiddly having to superglue but the results look worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roses and the hearts earrings are beautiful. The autumnal colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab. I love the glitzy ring. I've never thought about adding crystals to polymer clay but they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are gorgeous! i love the warm tones and i think a bit of sparkle is a lovely way to brighten up those dull winter days :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are beautiful! I really love using different accessories and those posted above are just awesome. -www.dazzlingdesignsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, they are pretty. Loving the sparklies you have used.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments and views on my work, thank you